Instructions for Repossessions
Note: The repossession transfer must take place in the county of record where the lien is filed.
The following forms are needed to complete the transfer:
- Repo affidavit (TC96-192)
- A lien release (TC96-187)
- Application for title (TC96-182)
- License plate must be turned in. If you are unable to return the plate you must submit a completed TC96-167 form along with additional fee listed below.
- Plate Replacement Fee: $6.00
- All specialty plates must be converted to a regular plate before transfer.
- Conversion Fee: $3.00
- The fees are as follows:
- Title Only Fee: $9.00
- Speed Title Only Fee: $25.00
- For Kentucky dealerships the plate may remain with the vehicle if requested. The fees are:
- Title Fee: $17.00
- Speed Title Fee: $33.00