Skip to content
Daviess County Fiscal Court building

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Are you closed for lunch?
A: No. We have staff available to assist customers from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Q: Will you fax or email a copy to me?
A: Yes. Our office will fax copies of documents for a fee of $1 per page.

Q: Can I obtain the book and page number of a document over the phone?
A: Yes: We will give recording information over the phone.

Q: How can I get the book and page number of a document?
A: You may come in to the office to request the information or you may call to get the book and page.

Q: Do you have marriage licenses for other counties?
A: No. Each county is responsible for their marriage records. It wasn’t until June 1958 that the Vital Statistics Office began centrally storing records for every county.

Q: How do I get a copy of a divorce decree?
A: Divorce records can be found in the Circuit Court where the divorce was granted. For a divorce filed in Daviess County contact the Daviess County Circuit Court at (270) 687-7220.

Q: Does the Daviess County Clerk’s Office have a list of foreclosures?
A: No. The Master Commissioner’s Office is responsible for the properties that are going to be auctioned. Please contact the Master Commissioner at (270) 684-3595.

 Where/How do you transfer a mobile home?
A: Mobile homes are titled like vehicles. Mobile home transfers are completed in the Transfer Department of the Daviess County Clerk.

Q: How do I find out how much I paid in real estate taxes last year?
A: The Daviess County Sheriff collects the current year tax bills. Contact the Property Tax Division of the Daviess County Sheriff at (270) 685-8444. If the tax bill was delinquent (paid after May 1st), contact our office at (270) 685-843 ext 3.

Q: Who do I contact if I feel that my property tax assessment is incorrect or I want to claim a homestead or disability exemption?
A: The Daviess County Property Valuation Office is in charge of property assessments. Contact the PVA at (270) 685-8474.

Q: How do I get a business license?
A: The Owensboro City Hall is responsible for issuing business licenses. Contact City Hall at (270) 687-8500.

Q: Where do I get a building permit?
A: The Owensboro Planning & Zoning is in charge of issuing building permits. Contact that office at (270)687-8650.

Q: Will your office help me prepare my documents or do you have blank forms?
A: The Daviess County Clerk’s Office cannot help you prepare any document nor do we have blank forms. The documents that are brought here for recording must be completely filled out prior to recording.

Q: Do you record a health care power of attorney or living will?
A: No. There is no statutory authority for us to record either of those documents and there is an Attorney General’s opinion that instructs us not to record them.

Q: When will you hold the annual tax sale?
A: Go to to see the schedule of all the Kentucky counties’ tax sales.

Daviess County Kentucky

Install Daviess County Kentucky

Install this application on your home screen for quick and easy access when you’re on the go.

Just tap then “Add to Home Screen”