Daviess County Public Works Department building

Culvert (Entry Pipe) Policy

When a citizen or corporate citizen requires an entry pipe to be installed for access to their property from a Daviess County right-of-way, the property owner and County alike have the following responsibilities:

Property Owner Responsibilities

  • Contact the Department of Public Works and request the entry pipe to be sized. Be sure and leave your name, address and either flag or mark the location.
  • Purchase the culvert and bring the receipt to the Department of Public Works.
  • Should the individual want rock on top of the culvert, purchase the rock and bring the receipt to the Public Works building.

County Responsibility

  • Determine whether the culvert is in the right-of-way.
  • Determine whether or not there is adequate sight distance for safe entrance/exit.
  • Size the culvert for adequate flow.
  • Contact the individual to discuss installation.
  • Once the receipt if received for the culvert and rock, schedule the installation.
  • The Department of Public Works will pick up the culvert and rock (from a reasonable location) and install it.

Should you have any questions regarding this policy, feel free to contact the Public Works front desk @ 270-685-8456.


Having trouble opening PDFs? Download Adobe Reader here.