Fiscal Court had second reading and passage of the ordinance establishing the 2023 Daviess County tax rates.
Treasurer Jordan Johnson said the Court proposed keeping all tax rates the same as last year with no rate increases. This action will generate sufficient revenue to manage the current fiscal year with no apparent negative impact for the future.
2023 Daviess County Tax Rates
- Real Property – 13 cents per $100 of assessed value
- Tangible Personal Property – 13.84 cents per $100 of assessed value
- Motor Vehicles & Watercraft – 17 cents per $100 of assessed value
The Daviess County Public Library also presented their 2023 tax rates, which required no action from Fiscal Court.
“Since the library is not seeking to impose a new property tax or fee, or seeking to increase their existing tax above the compensating rate, there is no action for Fiscal Court to take,” Johnson explained. “We are simply reading their established rates into the record as a presentation.”
2023 Library Tax Rates
- Real Property – 5.9 cents per $100 of assessed value
- Tangible Personal Property – 6.39 cents per $100 of assessed value
- Motor Vehicles – 4 cents per $100 of assessed value