COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
Vaccines are free and widely available in our community at big box stores, pharmacies, hospitals, and health departments. Find a location near you at vaccines.gov.
Audubon Area Community Services, Inc. will provide a free ride to a COVID-19 vaccine appointment. To book a ride, call 270-686-1600 at least 24 hours in advance.
Owensboro Health is now scheduling vaccine appointments for children, ages 5 and older. To schedule an appointment, call 270-688-4480. All children must have a parent or legal guardian present.
Those who are 12 and older can schedule an appointment online for a vaccine or booster shot. For more information, visit OwensboroHealth.org/Vaccine.
Green River District Health Department
At the Green River District Health Department, the Pfizer vaccine is available to adults and children, age 5 and up.
Those 18 and older are eligible for the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Visit https://healthdepartment.org/ to schedule or call the county health department at 270-686-7747.
COVID-19 vaccine booster shots are now available.
Additional Vaccination Sites in Daviess County
- Audubon Area Community Care Clinic: 750 Salem Drive – Vaccine Appointments
- CVS: 3311 KY-54 and 1221 Frederica Street – Vaccine Appointments
- Walgreens: 2318 Frederica Street, 1921 W. Parrish Avenue, and 3312 KY-54 – Vaccine Appointments
- Nation’s Medicines: 3000 Alvey Park Drive West – Vaccine Appointments
- Kroger: 2630 Frederica Street, 1670 Starlite Drive, and 2308 KY-144 – Vaccine Appointments
- Walmart: 3151 Leitchfield Road and 5031 Frederica Street – Vaccine Appointments
- Sam’s Club: 5240 Frederica Street – Vaccine Appointments
- Meijer: 2951 Heartland Crossing – Vaccine Appointments
- Danhauer Drug Store: 330 Frederica Street – Vaccine Appointments
- Poole’s Pharmacy Care: 2200 E Parrish Ave – Website
- Wilson Family Pharmacy: 2845 W Parrish Ave – Vaccine Appointments
- Owensboro Family Pharmacy: 720 W. Byers Ave – Vaccine Appointments
To help answer the community’s questions about COVID-19, the Kentucky Department for Public health has set up a website with the latest guidance and information for Kentucky residents – www.kycovid19.ky.gov.
The public can also call the Kentucky COVID-19 hotline at 800-722-5725.
The CDC recommends that anyone with signs or symptoms of COVID-19 get tested, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection. Symptoms may include a fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, and congestion.
Stay away from others pending test results and follow the advice of your healthcare provider.
The Green River District Health Department is offering free COVID-19 testing. To schedule an appointment, visit https://healthdepartment.org/ and follow the COVID-19 testing prompts.