Jeff Jones has served as the Daviess County Coroner since 2011.
Jeff graduated from Owensboro Catholic High School and attended Eastern Kentucky University. He started his career with the Daviess County Sheriff’s Office in 1985 as a patrol deputy and was re-assigned as a Detective in 1994. In 1999, he was promoted to Chief of Investigation, where he oversaw the daily operation of criminal cases including narcotics.
In January 2007, Jeff was promoted to Lt. Col., Chief Deputy. In 2010, Jeff was sworn in as the Daviess County Coroner. He has completed numerous training courses from the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice and federal agencies.
Jeff has been committed to promoting community education and awareness focused on preventing behaviors that can lead to unnecessary death.
He is active in the community by serving on the following boards:
- Daviess County OASIS Board
- Daviess County Agency For Substance Abuse Board
- Owensboro Daviess County Technical Advisory Committee
- County Heights Elementary School PTO
- Lincolnshire North Board
- St. Pius Parrish Council
- Owensboro Right to Life Board
- Appointed by Governor Steve Beshear to the KY Agency for Substance Abuse Policy
- Re-Appointed by Governor Matt Bevin to KY Agency for Substance Abuse Policy Board
- River Valley for Behavioral Health Board
Jeff is married to Michelle Foster Jones and they have four children: Amanda (Zach) Kauffeld, Josh (Rebecca) Jones, Caitlin (Wyatt) Copas and Nathan Jones. They also have seven grandkids: Max Kauffeld, Luke Kauffeld, Wyatt Jones, Addison Jones, Caroline Kauffeld, Ella Jones and Willa Copas. Jeff and Michelle have been members to St. Pius Catholic Church for over 30 years.