Celebrate the 4th of July safely with these tips from the Daviess County Sheriff’s Office.
- Fireworks cannot be used within 200 ft. of cars, homes or people.
- You must be 18-years-old to purchase or sell fireworks in Kentucky.
- Never allow children to handle fireworks.
- Follow instructions on the label and keep water nearby.
- Be mindful of pets and late hours.
Within the City of Owensboro, fireworks can generally be used between the hours of 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. with extended hours on July 3-4.
Consider attending a community display, such as ‘Fireworks in the Park’ in Whitesville or the ‘All-American Fourth of July’ celebration in Owensboro.