On February 16th, Gov. Andy Beshear signed an Executive Order regarding vehicle property taxes.
Below is an update from the Daviess County Clerk’s Office:
- The Treasury will send refund checks, NOT the County Clerk offices. Those refund checks must be sent no later than 180 days from February 16, according to the Executive Order. (These refunds apply only to those who have paid their 2022 vehicle taxes already).
- Because of the Governor’s Executive Order, starting February 16 through February 26, PVA offices may adjust vehicle values to the corrected (2021) values. County Clerk offices should continue to renew vehicles as normal.
- Vehicle values will be updated in AVIS to 2021 values on Sunday, February 27.
- While March notices have already been sent to vehicle owners, starting February 28, when the payment is processed, payments will be based upon the corrected (2021) value.
- April notices will be sent with the corrected (2021) value for each vehicle.
Daviess County Clerk’s Office: (270) 685-8434, choose option #1
Daviess County PVA: (270) 685-8474