Attention Daviess County residents:
Due to ongoing flooding concerns, Daviess County Fiscal Court has authorized the issuance of sandbags to residents to assist them with flooding mitigation efforts for their properties in Daviess County.
Sandbagging operations are open as follows:
- Tuesday, 2/12/2019: 1:00-4:00 P.M.
- Wednesday, 2/13/2019: 8:00 A.M. – 8:00 P.M.
- Saturday, 2/16/2019: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Daviess County Public Works (2620 Calhoun Rd, Owensboro, KY)
- Turn into the Daviess County Public Works entrance from Hwy 81, go through the gate, turn left into 3rd drive on left and the sandbagging station will be on the right.
Each household (Daviess County residents only) can receive up to 50 filled or empty sandbags. Volunteers will be standing by to assist with filling, tying, and loading the sandbags.
If you require more than 50 sandbags, Schrecker Supply Company has placed an order for 6,000 which should arrive Wednesday, 2/13/2019. They come in a bundle of 100. Bags are 74 cents each and are 16×24. We recommend calling before making a trip: (270) 684-6244.
Amazon has empty sandbags you can order online today and receive by Thursday, 2/14/2019. The big box stores (Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart) also have online sales of empty sandbags, but some require a purchase of either 100 or 1000, and shipping times vary.