One in every seven home fires are related to heating equipment.
If you plan to use an alternative heating source during this winter storm, please do it safely.
- DO NOT use a propane torch or other open flame device to thaw frozen water pipes.
- Keep generators at least 20 feet away from the house.
- DO NOT use an oven to heat your home.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heating equipment.
- Use space heaters with automatic shut-offs and plug them directly into an outlet, NOT a power strip.
- DO NOT use a kerosene heater inside your home.