Daviess County Animal Control works with local veterinarians to provide spay/neuter services at a reduced cost to residents of Daviess County who qualify as low income households. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and must provide proof of household income. Proof of income includes:
- Tax return
- Awards letter for social security, disability, etc.
- 1 Person – $26,000
- 2 People – $30,000
- 3 People – $33,000
- 4 People – $36,000
- 5 People – $39,000
- 6 People – $42,000
- 7 People – $45,000
- 8 People – $48,000
To receive a voucher, the applicant must come to the Daviess County Animal Shelter and:
- Bring proof of qualification to the shelter
- Complete a Reduced Cost Spay/Neuter Application
- Pay the appropriate voucher price
- Female Dog: $75/$85
- Male Dog: $55/$65
- Female Cat: $50/$60
- Male Cat: $30/$40
Payment must be made at the Daviess County Animal Shelter the same day.
The owner of the animal is responsible for making the surgery appointment for their pet. Below is a list of participating veterinarian clinics in Daviess County:
- East Side Animal Hospital – 270-685-0839
- Towne Square Animal Hospital – 270-685-1111
- Audubon Animal Hospital – 270-684-7288
- Wills Animal Hospital – 270-684-3201
Some veterinarians charge slightly different amounts based on weight. Some vets also have extra charges for flea treatment, pain medication, blood work, etc.
It is the owner’s responsibility to discuss any additional charges or fees with the vet prior to the appointment. Any and all additional charges are the sole responsibility of the pet owner and payable to the vet at the time of service.
No refunds will be issued, no exceptions. Voucher is not transferrable.